Articles on Vegetarianism
Humanity cannot go without enduring the consequences and serious reactions as long as people cause the unnecessary suffering of millions of animals because of the meat industry. It is time for a change, and that change starts with your decision about your own life.Additional thoughts on the matter can be found in my article, "Universal Brotherhood Includes the Animals."
You can also read and save these short articles for yourself or for sending to others:
- "The Dangers of Meat" is another thought provoking article which is the review of a PBS Frontline Documentary on the increasing hazards in consuming meat.
- Vegetarianism: Quotes from Noteworthy People provides a number of quotes from historical personalities from Gandhi, Pythagorus, George Bernard Shaw, and others, on the need and advantages of being a vegetarian.
- Vegetarianism: Recommended in the Vedic Scripture shows that the Vedic scripture severely warns against the danger of accumulating bad karma from the practice of eating flesh, or being connected with it in any way
- Vegetarianism Supported in the Bible shows the biblical verses that condemn the eating of meat.
- Why Be a Vegan/Vegetarian, a quick review to the benefits of a vegetarian diet.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Veganism, regarding basic vegetarianism in ethics & religion, animal cruelty, health & nutrition, and helping others.
- Common Ingredients and Chemicals that May Contain Meat Products is a list of often used food additives and preservatives, or Natural Flavorings that may be made from meat derivatives.
- Do Vegetarians Get Enough Protein? This is a question that often comes up and this information should be able to settle the issue in favor of vegetarians.
- BBC Says World Must Eat Less Meat explains how the world would benefit from eating more vegetables, and the disadvantages of the meat diet.